To be an academic institution constantly pursuing excellence in the field of pharmaceutical education and research, with an aim to provide professionally competent pharmacist.
1. To provide comprehensive pharmacy education and transform students into competent pharmacy professionals.
2. To make the students capable of offering technical support to the industry and accept the challenges of changing modern technologies.
3. To nurture an environment that helps in building socially aware and ethically enlightened human resource, necessary for the development of the individual and society at large.
PEO-1: Impart scientific knowledge and technical skills in the core pharmacy subjects and applied competency areas.
PEO-2: Encourage students to continue to pursue professional development, including advanced education relevant to their career growth and to create enthusiasm for life-long learning.
PEO-3: Inculcate ethical attitude, effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work as an individual or as a team member.
PEO-4: Develop a sense of social responsibility and commitment to contribute in the social healthcare system.
1. Pharmacy Knowledge: Graduates will demonstrate ability to integrate fundamental concepts from medicinal chemistry pharmaceutics, pharmacology, toxicology, therapeutics and pharmacokinetics.
an understanding of quality control/assurance of pharmaceuticals and drug regulatory affairs.
With this knowledge, the graduates will be able to demonstrate high level of understanding of the key stages in drug discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization.
2. Planning Abilities: Graduates will develop planning and organizational skills, through curricular and co-curricular activities, with demonstrated ability to efficiently complete assignments within stipulated timeframe.
3. Problem Analysis: Graduates will demonstrate an aptitude to examine problems, related to drugs/formulations, logically and rationally; acquire, evaluate and synthesize information and knowledge relevant to the problem; and make logical and ethical decision.
4. Modern Tool Usage: Graduates will demonstrate the skills to use modern pharmaceutical tools, software and equipment to analyze and solve problems.
5. Leadership Skills: Graduates will acquire knowledge of leadership traits and skills, harness interpersonal skills through co-curricular and extracurricular activities that will enable them to lead or effectively contribute to the organizational development.
6. Professional Identity: Graduates will be transformed from a student to a professional who understand his/ or her role and responsibilities as an expert in the field of health care.
7. Pharmaceutical ethics: Graduates will demonstrate sensitivity to personal values and ethics in professional endeavor and social contexts.
8. Communication: Graduates will effectively listen, speak and write in a manner that facilitates positive interaction with health professionals, patients and the public.
9. The Pharmacist and society: Graduates will promote health improvement through disease prevention and management programs and creating awareness about effective and safe use of medicines.
10. Environment and sustainability: Graduates will acquire knowledge of impact of pharmaceuticals on environment; demonstrate understanding of appropriate methodological tools to analyse and develop medicine products having same medicinal values but with reduced environmental impact.
11. Life-long learning: Graduates will demonstrate recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning by updating himself/ or herself with the current trends/regulations in the field of pharmaceutical sciences.